Thursday, March 2, 2017

Cute Jewelry Box

Hello All!
We just got in some of the cutest boxes I've ever seen, and they are so fun to decorate! I picked out this cute jewelry box, and decorated it with a few coats of acrylic paint, some painters tape, and some sticker from the Studio G collection, and a little bit of felt. I love the way it turned out, and I love that it encourages positivity when looking in the mirror.

Here's the main materials I used.


The very first thing that you will need to do, is completely cover your mirror with painters tape. You'll want to make sure that there are no air bubbles so that the paint will not seep under.

In order to get nice angles, I first painted the whole box white apart from the very top of the box. After letting it dry, I placed painters tape at random angles all over the box. My next color that I painted over top of the white, was the acrylic gold paint. Let it dry, then peel off the tape. Clean up any edges by carefully going over the edges with a very thin paint brush. After that layer is dry, do more random angles to mark out your last layer of paint. Paint, let it dry, peel, and touch up again. After all of your layers are dry, you can peel off the tape that you put over your mirror, and begin to place your Studio G stickers. I spelled out "Hello Beauty" with the alphabet letters given. I then cut out a few little squares of white felt, and glued them down to the bottom of the jewelry box sections in the top to make a nicer landing for jewelry.
 
How sweet is that?
 
See you all next time! Megan @ Mapunapuna



No comments:

Post a Comment